Great! Here are a few pointers to help make your experience more enjoyable:
What to Expect
- People of all shapes, sizes and abilities
- A fun, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere
What to Wear
- Nylon shorts, swim trunks or speedos. Please no underwear/boxers or sweat pants. Shirts are optional.
- Nylon shorts or capris, tank top, sports bra, or swimsuit. Please no sweat pants.
How to Prepare
- Plan in advance
- Beginning yoga students generally have a better experience when they plan 12-24 hours in advance. This allows ample time for proper hydration and nutrition.
- Come to class well hydrated
- We recommend one gallon of water in the 12-24 hours prior to class. Good hydration supports the healthy function of all the bodily systems and makes the heat more comfortable! It is also a mandatory safety precaution for first-time students.
- Come to class on an empty stomach
- Large meals should be consumed 3-4 hours before class. Light healthy snacks, fruit, veggies, nuts are okay 1 1/2-2 hours before class.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early for your first class
- This allows plenty of time for registration and orientation. Please note that our doors will be locked once class starts so please be on time!
- Class Essentials
- You'll need a large towel, yoga mat and bottle of water. If you forget we have all three for rent or purchase.
- Come to class with a positive, open attitude
- A positive outlook does wonders for your yoga practice. As a newcomer you have the advantage of an unbiased eager perspective.
How to Improve
- Practice Practice Practice
- Remember that every yogi started out as a beginner. Yoga practice is much like learning to play an instrument or speak a foreign language, a little effort every day goes a long way.
- Take a second class within 24 hours
- Class is usually much easier the 2nd day and it will help relieve sore muscles.
- Hit the ground running
- Practice 10 yoga and/or Hot Pilates classes as quickly as possible. Ten classes done in 3 weeks or less creates a great baseline from which your new yoga/fitness practice can soar.